Time off for voting
Time off to vote is subject to the employer. North Carolina state law does not require employers to grant time off to vote for employees.
2014 Important Events Calendar
|February 2014 Dates|
| Candidate Filing period begins.||February 10, 2014 -|
| Filing deadline for primary Ballot access - Noon||February 28, 2014|
|April 2014 Dates|
| One-stop early voting begins (for primary)||April 24, 2014 -|
| Last day to request Absentee Ballot by Mail (for primary)||April 29, 2014|
|May 2014 Dates|
| One-stop early voting ends (for primary)||May 3, 2014 -|
| Congressional Primary||May 6, 2014|
| Last Day to Return Absentee Ballot by Mail (for primary)||May 6, 2014 -|
|June 2014 Dates|
| Independent Filing deadline for General Election - Noon||June 27, 2014 -|
|September 2014 Dates|
| Absentee Voting By Mail begins for the General Election||September 5, 2014 -|
|October 2014 Dates|
| One-stop early voting begins (for General Election)||October 23, 2014 -|
|November 2014 Dates|
| One-stop early voting ends - 1:00 p.m. (for General Election)||November 1, 2014 -|
| November General Election Day||November 4, 2014|
Poll Hours: 6:30 AM-7:30 PM
Individuals who miss the registration deadline may register in person and then vote at one-stop voting sites in the person's county of residence during the one-stop absentee voting period. In order to register during a one-stop period, the applicant must show acceptable proof of name and residence in the county.
- Beginning in 2016, North Carolina will require voters to show a photo identification (photo ID) when they present to vote in person.This change is a result of the Voter Information Verification Act or âVIVA.â (S.L. 2013-381).
- Until 2016, most voters will not be required to show any form of identification when they vote. If you are not a first time voter, or at the time of your initial voter registration, you provided your North Carolina driver license number or the last four digits of your social security number and that number was validated, you will not be required to show ID when you vote.
- Also, you are not required to show your voter card. However, if you are a first-time voter and you did not provide your North Carolina driver license or the last four digits of your social security number when you completed your voter registration application, or one or both of those numbers could not be validated, then you will need to provide ID the first time that you vote
If you are required to show ID, you must provide one the following:
- A current and valid photo identification or
- A copy of one of the following documents that shows your name and address: a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document.
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
November 4,2014 Election In 64 days
While we are working to give you up-to-date information, we urge you to be proactive! In order to ensure you have all the information you need before casting your vote, you should also check with your state and local election officials for information about additional requirements or regulations.
Please contact your local election office for more detailed information about the laws concerning election dates,poll hours,poll locations, voter id requirements,absentee voting, voter registration, name or address changes that would apply in your case.
Click here for local election office contacts
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org