2013 Events Calendar
|Primary/Special Election Day.||May 7,2013|
|Deadline for voter registration for August 6 special elections||July 8,2013|
|Deadline to file corrections and challenges to precinct
registration lists (20 days before special election)||July 17,2013|
|Special Election Day.||August 6,2013|
|General Election Day.||November 5,2013|
Poll Hours: 6:30 AM-7:30 PM
Bring Appropriate identification with you to the polls
Ohio law requires that every voter, upon appearing at the polling place to vote on Election Day, to announce his or her full name and current address and provide proof of the voter's identity.
The forms of identification that may be used by a voter who appears at a polling place to vote on an Election Day include:
- A current and valid photo identification card issued by the State of Ohio or the United States government; or
- A military identification ("military ID"); or
- An original or copy of a current utility bill; or
- An original or copy of a current bank statement; or
- An original or copy of a current government check; or
- An original or copy of a current paycheck; or
- An original or copy of a current other government document, other than a voter
registration acknowledgement notification mailed by the board of elections,
that shows the voter's name and current address.
A voter presenting an Ohio driver's license that shows the voter's former address is permitted to cast a regular ballot so long as the voter's current residential address is printed in the official poll list of registered voters for that precinct. Voters who do not provide one of these documents at the precinct will still be able to vote using a provisional ballot. Voters who do not have any of the above forms of identification, including a Social Security number, will still be able to vote by signing an affirmation statement swearing to the voter's identity under penalty of election falsification and by casting a provisional ballot.
For Voter I.D. purposes "current" means the document was issued on a date within one year immediately preceding the date of the election at which the voter seeks to vote, or has on it an expiration date which has not passed as of the date of the election in which the voter seeks to vote.
You can fill out or download Ohio's Voter Registration form and mail it to your county board of elections.
If you are conducting a voter registration drive and would like to request a large number of forms, call our request line at (614)466-3613.
The last day to register in time to vote in the next election is thirty days before the election.
To register to vote in the State of Ohio, an individual must meet the following qualifications
- You are a citizen of the United States;
- You will be at least 18 years old on or before the day of the next general election.
(If you will be 18 on or before November, you may vote in the primary election to nominate candidates,
but you cannot vote on issues or party central committees until you are 18);
- You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote;
- You are not incarcerated (in prison or jail) for a felony conviction under the laws of this state, another state, or the United States;
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court; and
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violating the election laws.
You are eligible to vote in elections in your
voting precinct held more than 30 days after
you are registered to vote in Ohio.
Returning your Voter Registration Form
- You may return your completed voter
registration form in person or by U.S. mail to
any of the following public offices:
- Any county board of elections;
- The Ohio Secretary of State's office;
- BMV or Deputy Registrars;
- The Department of Job and Family Services;
- The Department of Health (including the Women, Infants and Children (WIC)program);
- Any public high school or vocational school;
- Any county treasurer's office;
- Any public library;
- The Department of Mental Health;
- The Department of Developmental Disabilities
Click here to register to vote
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)