Time off for voting
No specific law requiring time off to vote.
2015 Important Events Calendar
|April 2015 Dates|
| Last day to register to vote in May 5th Municipal Election||April 13, 2015|
| Deadline to apply for absentee ballot by mail for May 5th Election||April 28, 2015|
|May 2015 Dates|
| Deadline to apply for absentee ballot in Person for May 5th Election||May 2, 2015 -|
| Town of Vienna's municipal election||May 5, 2015|
| Last day to register to vote in June 9th Primary Election||May 18, 2015|
|June 2015 Dates|
| Deadline to apply for absentee ballot by mail for June 9th Election||June 2, 2015 -|
| Deadline to apply for absentee ballot in person for June 9th Election||June 6, 2015|
| Primary Election Day||June 9, 2015|
|October 2015 Dates|
| Last day to register to vote in November General Election||October 13, 2015|
| Deadline to apply for absentee ballot by mail for November General Election||October 27, 2015|
| Deadline to apply for absentee ballot in person for November General Election||October 31, 2015 -|
|November 2015 Dates|
| November General Election||November 3, 2015|
Poll Hours: 6:00 AM-7:00 PM
Regular Virginia ID Requirements for All Other Voters
Virginia law requires all voters to provide an acceptable form of photo identification (photo ID) when voting in person at their polling place.
There are many different types of photo IDs that voters can use when they vote. All of the acceptable forms photo ID can be used up to a year after ID has expired.
Acceptable forms photo ID
- Valid Virginia Driverâs License or Identification Card
- Valid Virginia DMV issued Veteranâs ID card
- Valid United States Passport
- Other government-issued photo identification cards (must be issued by US Government, the Commonwealth of Virginia, or a political subdivision of the Commonwealth)
- Valid college or university student photo identification card (must be from an institution of higher education located in Virginia)
- Employee identification card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by an employer of the voter in the ordinary course of the employerâs business
- For a more detailed list of acceptable IDs, please (click here)
Provisional Ballot Process for Voters Who Arrive Without Identification on Election Day
- If you arrive at your polling place without an acceptable form of photo ID, you will be given the opportunity to vote a provisional ballot. After completing the provisional ballot, you will be given written instructions from your precinct election officials on how to submit a copy of your photo ID so your vote can be counted.
To register to vote in the State of Virginia, an individual must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a resident of Virginia (a person who has come to Virginia for temporary purposes and intends to return to another state is not considered a resident for voting purposes).
- Be a U. S. Citizen.
- Be 18 years old (any person who is 17 years old and will be eighteen years of age at the next general election shall be permitted to register in advance and also vote in any intervening primary or special election).
- Not be registered and plan to vote in another state.
- Not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law
- If convicted of a felony, your right to vote must have been restored.
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to email@example.com
November 3,2015 Election In 121 days