2013 Events Calendar
|Deadline for In-Person Absentee Ballot Applications for General Election
|VA - General Election||November 5,2013|
Poll Hours: 6:00 AM-7:00 PM
Regular Virginia ID Requirements for All Other Voters
Virginia law requires all other voters to provide identification (ID) at the polls, or sign an Affirmation of Identity under felony penalty, in order to vote at the polls. This ID requirement also applies to absentee voters who vote in person. Voters subject to this regular ID requirement will have the word "State" after the "ID Required" item in their on-line voter registration record.
To register to vote in the State of Virginia, an individual must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a citizen of the United States,(18) years of age or older on or before the date of the next election.
- Virginia voter identification card
- Valid Virginia driver's license
- Military ID
- Any Federal, Virginia state or local government-issued ID
- Employer issued photo ID card
- Social Security card
The completed application can be filed with the local registration office or mailed to the address printed on the form. Application for registration can be submitted using a Virginia Voter Registration Application form or a National Voter Registration Application form. Military and other persons residing outside of the United States should contact the Federal Voting Assistance Program for registration information.
Get voter registration forms. Check your voter registration status.
The last day to register in time to vote in the next primary or general election is twenty-two days before the election.
- Be a resident of Virginia (A person who has come to Virginia for temporary purposes and intends to return to another state is not considered a resident for voting purposes)
- Be a U. S. Citizen
- Be 18 years old (Any person who is 17 years old and will be eighteen years of age at the next general election shall be permitted to register in advance and also vote in any intervening primary or special election)
- Not be registered and plan to vote in another state
- Not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law
- If convicted of a felony, your right to vote must have been restored
Voter Registration Deadlines
- General election: 22 days before election
- Primary : 22 Days before election
- Special election: 13 Days before election
- Special election(Called by the Governor): 7 Days before election
Click here to register to vote
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)