Upcoming Elections in Utah
How can I find my polling location?
If you do not know where your polling place is, you can use vote.utah.gov to view the elected officials, view the sample ballot, candidate profiles and issue information or locate a polling place.
What's on Utah ballot in 2016
Do you know what you are voting for in 2016? Click here to see what will be on the statewide and local ballots
Who Can Vote in Primaries in Utah?
Do you know if you are eligible to vote in Primary Elections in Utah? Click here for more information
Browse By State
2016 Election Dates and Deadlines
|Last day to register to vote by sending a form in the mail.||May 30, 2016|
|In-person early voting begins.||June 14, 2016|
|Last day to register to vote online or at the county clerk\'s office||June 21, 2016|
|Last day to request an absentee ballot.||June 23, 2016|
|In-person early voting ends.||June 24, 2016|
|Last day to register to vote by mailing a registration form.||October 11, 2016|
|Early voting begins.||October 25, 2016|
|Last day to register to vote online at voter.utah.gov or at a county clerk\'s office.||November 1, 2016|
|Last day to request an absentee/mail ballot.||November 3, 2016|
|Early voting ends.||November 4, 2016|
Time Off For Voting: Yes
Employees who do not have 3 consecutive hours when not required to be at work during the hours polls are open are entitled to up to 2 paid hours leave to vote. The employee must request leave before Election Day. The employer can set the time for leave, but employee requests for leave at the beginning or end of work hours shall be granted.
Voting At The Polls On Election Day
Polling places are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Election Day. Anyone in line at 7:00 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
In order to vote in Utah, you need valid voter I.D.
This is either a form of identification that bears the name and photograph of the voter or two forms of identification that bear the name of the voter and provide evidence of the voter’s residence,
In Utah, these forms of identification include:
- A currently valid Utah driver license;
- A currently valid ID card issued by the state or a branch, department, or agency of the United States;
- A currently valid Utah permit to carry a concealed weapon;
- A valid tribal ID card, whether or not the card includes a photograph of the voter.
TWO forms of identification that bear the name of the voter and provide evidence that the voter resides in the voting precinct, which may include:
- A current utility bill or copy thereof dated within 90 days before the election;
- A bank or other financial account statement, or legible copy thereof;
- A certified birth certificate;
- A valid Social Security card;
- A check issued by the state or federal government or legible copy thereof;
- A paycheck from the voter’s employer, or legible copy thereof
- A currently valid U.S. military ID card;
- Certified naturalization documents (NOT a green card);
- A certified copy of court records showing the voter’s adoption or name change;
- A Bureau of Indian Affairs card;
- A tribal treaty card;
- A valid Medicaid or Medicare or Electronic Benefits Transfer card;
- A currently valid ID card issued by a local government within the state;
- A currently valid ID card issued by an employer;
- A currently valid ID card issued by a college, university, technical school or professional school within the state; or
- A current Utah vehicle registration.
Can I Register At The Polls On Election Day?
NO: Utah does not provide Same Day Voter Registration. You must register to vote by the voter registration deadline in order to vote in an election. If you miss the voter registration deadline for an election you should contact your local election office.
|Forgot my passwordCreate an account|
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest State and Federal election information.
We're currently updating the following pages
- State Ballots for this year election cycle
- State Voting Guide
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working day and night to give you up-to-date information, but we need your help! For website bug reports, data issues/rss feeds submission, feedback, or general questions about Mytimetovote.com, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org