2013 Events Calendar
|Gary R. Herbert - Republican||January 7,2013|
Poll Hours: 7:00 AM-8:00 PM
In order to vote in Utah, you need valid voter I.D.
- This is either a form of identification that bears the name and photograph of the voter or two forms of identification that bear the name of the voter and provide evidence of the voter's residence
In Utah, these forms of identification include:
- A currently valid Utah driver license;
- A currently valid ID card issued by the state or a branch, department, or agency of the United States;
- A currently valid Utah permit to carry a concealed weapon;
- A currently valid United States passport; or
- A valid tribal ID card, whether or not the card includes a photograph of the voter.
Or TWO forms of identification that bear the name of the voter and provide evidence that the voter resides in the voting precinct, which may include:
- A current utility bill or copy thereof dated within 90 days before the election;
- A bank or other financial account statement, or legible copy thereof;
- A certified birth certificate;
- A valid Social Security card;
- A check issued by the state or federal government or legible copy thereof;
- A paycheck from the voter's employer, or legible copy thereof
- A currently valid Utah hunting or fishing license;
- A currently valid U.S. military ID card;
- Certified naturalization documents (NOT a green card);
- A certified copy of court records showing the voter's adoption or name change;
- A Bureau of Indian Affairs card;
- A tribal treaty card;
- A valid Medicaid or Medicare or Electronic Benefits Transfer card;
- A currently valid ID card issued by a local government within the state;
- A currently valid ID card issued by an employer;
- A currently valid ID card issued by a college, university, technical school or professional school within the state; or
- A current Utah vehicle registration.
A voter registration form must be submitted online at least 15 days before an election to be eligible to vote in that election.
If voter registration form is sent by mail, it must be postmarked at least 30 days before an election to be eligible to vote in that election.
If your address is current with the Driver's License Division, submit your voter registration form online to update your voter information. If your address is not current with the Driver's License Division, you may still use the online system but will be required to print the form, sign it and mail it in.
You may register to vote in the State of Utah if you are:
- A United States citizen;
- At least 18 years-old on or before the next election.
- A resident of Utah for at least 30 days before the election.
An applicant is considered a resident of Utah if he or she has his principal place of residence within Utah and intends to continue to reside within Utah indefinitely.
When To Re-register
- Voter registration is valid for life, unless you:
- Change your Name, or
- Wish to affiliate with a different party
- Fifteen days or more before an election, a person may register to vote in person at the County Clerk's office.
You will not be eligible to vote during early voting, but you will be able to vote on Election Day at your polling location.
You can also register to vote at the following agencies at least 30 days before an election:
- The Drivers License Division
- Division of Workforce Services
- Utah State Department of Health
- Women, Infant and Children (WIC) Offices
- The Division of Services for People with Disabilities
- The Department of Rehabilitation
- Public colleges and Universities.
- You can obtain the form for mail-in voter registration.Once completed, mail the form to your county clerk's office.
All documents must be postmarked 30 days before the election to be registered for the upcoming election
Voters in Utah can register online! Simply visit the Online Voter Registration website to find out more.
You need to have a current Utah Driver's License or ID Card in order to register using the online system.
Click here to register to vote
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)