Time off for voting
Employees must be given time to vote without any penalty if polls are not open for 2 consecutive hours outside the employee's work day.
2015 Important Events Calendar
|January 2015 Dates|
| Governor-Elect, Greg Abbott - Republican, Inauguration Date||January 20, 2015 -|
|March 2015 Dates|
| General: First Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail||March 10, 2015 -|
|April 2015 Dates|
| General: Last Day to Register to Vote||April 9, 2015|
| General: First Day of Early Voting||April 27, 2015|
| General: Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail(Received, not Postmarked)||April 30, 2015 -|
|May 2015 Dates|
| General: Last Day of Early Voting||May 5, 2015 -|
| General: Last day to Receive Ballot by Mail (election day) at 7:00 p.m. (unless overseas deadline applies)||May 9, 2015|
| ||May 9, 2015|
How can I find my polling location?
If you do not know where your polling place is,you can use team1.sos.state.tx.us to find your polling location.To do a polling place search, you may select one of three methods: search by: 1. your Texas driver's license number, if you provided it when you applied for voter registration; 2. your Voter Unique Identifier (VUID),which appears on your voter registration certificate; or 3. your first and last name
Poll Hours: 7:00 AM-7:00 PM
Bring Appropriate identification with you to the polls
- When you arrive at the polling place, you will be asked to present one of the seven (7) acceptable forms of photo ID, unless you are a voter with a permanent exemption on your voter registration certificate. The election official will ask if you have moved and then ask you to sign the list of people who have voted in the precinct.
Depending on the type of election:local, statewide, national, or combination â you will be handed:
- A paper ballot on which you will select your choices and which will be counted by hand;
- A paper ballot on which you will select your choices by darkening an oval, completing an arrow, or âmarkingâ with the aid of a voting machine; or
- A slip of paper with a numerical access code or, in some counties, a ballot activator card. In the next available voting booth, enter your code or card and let the on-screen instructions guide you through the process of electronic voting.
Here is a list of the acceptable forms of photo ID:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the personâs photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the personâs photograph
- United States passport
- Many Texans vote early. Texas enables residents to vote in the days and weeks before an election to make the voting process more convenient and accessible. There are two ways to vote early: by showing up in person during the prescribed early voting period or by voting by mail.
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 3,2015 Election In 123 days