Upcoming Elections in South Carolina
What's on South Carolina ballot in 2016
Do you know what you are voting for in 2016? Click here to see what will be on the statewide and local ballots
Who Can Vote in Primaries in South Carolina?
Do you know if you are eligible to vote in Primary Elections in South Carolina? Click here for more information
Browse By State
2016 Election Dates and Deadlines
|Absentee Ballot return deadline - By Mail: Deadline to return absentee bymail application for Primary Runoff. Warning: Absentee by mail applications should be returned as early as||June 24,2016|
|Early Voting/In Person Absentee voting ends: Deadline to vote absentee in person for Primary Runoff||June 27,2016|
|Absentee Ballot Request deadline - UOCAVA citizens: Deadline to mail General Election absentee ballots to military and overseas citizens||September 24,2016|
|Voter Registration Ends: Last day to register||October 8,2016|
|Absentee Ballot return deadline : Deadline to return absentee by mail application for General Election. Warning: Absentee by mail applications should be returned as early as possible.||November 4,2016|
|Early Voting/In Person Absentee voting ends: Deadline to vote absentee in person for General Election||November 7,2016|
|Absentee Ballot Request deadline: UOCAVA citizens: Last day to request absentee ballot by 7pm||November 8,2016|
|Absentee Ballot return deadline : UOCAVA citizens: Last day to return absentee ballot by mail by 7pm||November 8,2016|
|November 8, 2016|
Time Off For Voting:
Time off to vote is subject to the employer. South Carolina state law does not require employers to grant time off to vote for employees.
Voting At The Polls On Election Day
Poll Hours: 7:00 AM-7:00 PM
When voting in person, you will be asked to show one of the following Photo IDs at your polling place:
- SC Voter Registration Card with Photo
- SC Driver's License
- SC Department of Motor Vehicles ID Card
- Federal Military ID
- US Passport
When to vote
- Polling places are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Election Day. Anyone in line at 7:00 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- >Failsafe voting is designed to allow voters who have moved but failed to update their address to update their address on election day and vote. Failsafe voting is available to voters in the following situations:
- Voter moves from one address to another within the same precinct.
- Voter moves from one precinct to another within the same county.
- Voter moves from one South Carolina county to another within 30 days of an election.
- Voter moves from one state to another after the deadline to register to vote in a Presidential election in the new state of residence.
Can I Register At The Polls On Election Day?
NO: South Carolina does not provide Same Day Voter Registration. You must register to vote by the voter registration deadline in order to vote in an election. If you miss the voter registration deadline for an election you should contact your local election office.
|Forgot my passwordCreate an account|
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest State and Federal election information.
We're currently updating the following pages
- State Ballots for this year election cycle
- State Voting Guide
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working day and night to give you up-to-date information, but we need your help! For website bug reports, data issues/rss feeds submission, feedback, or general questions about Mytimetovote.com, please send an email to email@example.com