Time off for voting
On election day a voter may absent himself from employment in which he is engaged for two hours for the purpose of voting between the time of opening and the time of closing the polls. The voter shall not be liable to any penalty for such absence; however, the employer may specify the hours during this period in which the voter may be absent.
2015 Important Events Calendar
|January 2015 Dates|
| Governor-Elect, Susana Martinez - Republican, Inauguration Date||January 1, 2015 -|
How can I find my polling location?
If you do not know where your polling place is,you can use voterview.state.nm.us to view your Political Party association, Polling Place Location, and the Election Districts you're eligible to vote within.
If you have any issues or questions, please contact your County Clerk
Poll Hours: 7:00 AM-7:00 PM
Do I need to present identification when I vote?
- You do not have to present a photo ID. Only if you are registering for the first time in New Mexico, and you submit the registration form by mail, then you must submit with the form a copy of (1) a current and valid photo identification; or (2) a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, student identification card or other government document, including identification issued by an Indian nation, tribe or pueblo that shows your name and current address. If you do not submit one of these forms of identification with your mailed-in, first time registration, then you would be required to present one of the forms of identification when voting in person or absentee.
What identification do I need to provide?
- a physical form of identification, which may be: (1) an original or copy of a current and valid photo identification with or without an address, which address is not required to match the voter's certificate of registration or a voter identification card: or (2) an original or copy of a utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, student identification card or other government document, including identification issued by an Indian nation, tribe or pueblo, that shows the name and address of the person, the address of which is not required to match the voter's certificate of registration; or
- a verbal or written statement by the voter of the voter's name, year of birth and registered address; provided, however, that the statement of the voter's name need not contain the voter's middle initial or suffix.
- The voter has the option of choosing the form of ID, either the physical form described in paragraph (A), or the verbal or written statement described in paragraph
If a voter fails to provide either the written or verbal required identification, the voter shall be allowed to vote on a provisional ballot.
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 3,2015 Election In 166 days