Upcoming Elections in New Mexico
How can I find my polling location?
If you do not know where your polling place is,you can use voterview.state.nm.us to view your Political Party association, Polling Place Location, and the Election Districts you're eligible to vote within. If you have any issues or questions, please contact your County Clerk
What's on New Mexico ballot in 2016
Do you know what you are voting for in 2016? Click here to see what will be on the statewide and local ballots
Who Can Vote in Primaries in New Mexico?
Do you know if you are eligible to vote in Primary Elections in New Mexico? Click here for more information
Browse By State
2016 Election Dates and Deadlines
|Candidate Ballot Access - Filing begins: Primary: Filing day for statewide, federal and US Rep. candidates||February 2,2016|
|Candidate Ballot Access - Independent candidates Filing deadline: Primary: Filing day for all minor and independent candidates||June 30,2016|
|Voter Registration Ends: Last day to register||October 11,2016|
|Absentee Ballot Request deadline: Last day to request for absentee ballot||November 4,2016|
|Absentee Ballot return deadline : Last day to return absentee ballot||November 8,2016|
|June 7, 2016|
|November 8, 2016|
Time Off For Voting: Yes
On election day a voter may absent himself from employment in which he is engaged for two hours for the purpose of voting between the time of opening and the time of closing the polls. The voter shall not be liable to any penalty for such absence; however, the employer may specify the hours during this period in which the voter may be absent.
Voting At The Polls On Election Day
Polling places are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Election Day. Anyone in line at 7:00 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
Do I need to present identification when I vote?
- You do not have to present a photo ID. Only if you are registering for the first time in New Mexico, and you submit the registration form by mail, then you must submit with the form a copy of (1) a current and valid photo identification; or (2) a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, student identification card or other government document, including identification issued by an Indian nation, tribe or pueblo that shows your name and current address. If you do not submit one of these forms of identification with your mailed-in, first time registration, then you would be required to present one of the forms of identification when voting in person or absentee.
What identification do I need to provide?
- The Election Code defines "required voter identification' as:
- (A) a physical form of identification, which may be: (1) an original or copy of a current and valid photo identification with or without an address, which address is not required to match the voter's certificate of registration or a voter identification card: or (2) an original or copy of a utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, student identification card or other government document, including identification issued by an Indian nation, tribe or pueblo, that shows the name and address of the person, the address of which is not required to match the voter's certificate of registration; or
- B) a verbal or written statement by the voter of the voter's name, year of birth and registered address; provided, however, that the statement of the voter's name need not contain the voter's middle initial or suffix.
Can I Register At The Polls On Election Day?
NO: New Mexico does not provide Same Day Voter Registration. You must register to vote by the voter registration deadline in order to vote in an election. If you miss the voter registration deadline for an election you should contact your local election office.
|Forgot my passwordCreate an account|
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest State and Federal election information.
We're currently updating the following pages
- State Ballots for this year election cycle
- State Voting Guide
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working day and night to give you up-to-date information, but we need your help! For website bug reports, data issues/rss feeds submission, feedback, or general questions about Mytimetovote.com, please send an email to email@example.com