Time off for voting
Every employee who is eligible to vote in an election has the right to be absent from work for the time necessary to appear at the employee's polling place, cast a ballot, and return to work on the day of that election, without penalty or deduction from salary or wages because of the absence. An employer or other person may not directly or indirectly refuse, abridge, or interfere with this right or any other election right of an employee.
2014 Important Events Calendar
|June 2014 Dates|
| Independent Filing deadline for General Election||June,3,2014 - |
| Filing deadline for primary Ballot access||June,3,2014|
| Absentee ballots available for Primary Election||June,27,2014 - |
|July 2014 Dates|
| Primary pre-registration deadline. Voters can also register on Election Day||July,22,2014 - |
|August 2014 Dates|
| Congressional Primary||August,12,2014|
| Primary Election||August,12,2014|
|September 2014 Dates|
| Absentee ballots available||September,19,2014 - |
|October 2014 Dates|
| Pre-registration deadline.Voters can also register on Election Day||October,14,2014 - |
|November 2014 Dates|
| November General Election Day||November,4,2014|
Poll Hours: 7:00 AM-8:00 PM
- For state elections, most polling places open at 7:00 a.m.; a few polling places in small townships located outside the eleven-county metropolitan area may open as late as 10:00 a.m. All polling places close at 8:00 p.m.
Can I get time off from work to vote?
- Yes. Minnesota voters may take time off from their jobs for the purpose of voting without penalties or reductions in their pay, personal leave, or vacation time. This is allowed on the day of a state election for the time necessary to appear at the polling place, cast a ballot, and return to work.
If I did not pre-register, can I vote on election day?
- Minnesota voters may register to vote on Election Day. To register at your polling location, you must provide proof of residence, complete a voter registration application, and sign an oath stating that you are eligible to vote in the precinct.
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
November 4,2014 Election In 195 days
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org