Time off for voting
Employees who do not have 3 hours of their own time during polling hours are entitled to up to 3 paid hours leave to vote. The employee must demand leave in writing at least three days before Election Day. In certain essential operations, employers receiving written request can schedule the hours when employees will be allowed to leave to vote.
2015 Important Events Calendar
|April 2015 Dates|
| Deadline for write-in candidates to file||April 21, 2015 -|
| Mail absentee ballots within one day of receiving a completed application if the ballots are available||April 24, 2015|
|May 2015 Dates|
| Last day to register to vote in municipal election||May 9, 2015|
| Early voting starts - conducted during regular business hours and from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. every Saturday||May 27, 2015|
|June 2015 Dates|
| Deadline to submit absentee ballot application||June 3, 2015 -|
| Early voting ends - conducted during regular business hours and from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. every Saturday||June 6, 2015|
| Last day to receive a hand-delivered absentee ballot||June 8, 2015 -|
| Municipal General Election Day, (6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.) ||June 9, 2015|
| Deadline to accept absentee ballots (without postmark) ||June 10, 2015 -|
| Deadline for military and overseas absentee ballots or those postmarked by U.S. Postal Service by June 10 accepted until the start of canvass||June 15, 2015|
How can I find my polling location?
If you do not know where your polling place is,
you can use apps.sos.wv.gov to find your polling place.If you have any issues or questions, please contact your County Clerk. Please note polls are open from 6:30 AM to 7:30 PM on Election Day.
Preparing to Vote
- Sometimes people are nervous about voting because they are uncertain how things are done at the polls. Understanding where to go and what to expect at the polling place will help you vote, and help you recognize problems which might be occurring at the polling place
- Remember that on Election Day you must vote at your assigned polling location. If the polling place is not accessible to you because of a disability, contact your County Clerk as soon as possible to arrange for voting at another location.
When are the polls open?
- The polls are open from 6:30a.m. to 7:30p.m. in West Virginia. Voters who arrive at their precinct before 7:30p.m.,
but have not been able to vote, will be given a Waiting Voter Permit.
Can I request time off to vote?
- You can request up to 3 hours off from your employer, without taking leave or a deduction of pay, if you do not have at least 3 hours before or after work that you can go to the polls to vote. This request must be made in writing and be given to your employer at least 3 days prior to election day.
Acceptable IDs to Vote
- West Virginians are not required to show proof of Identification at the polls.
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to email@example.com
November 3,2015 Election In 244 days