Time off for voting
Employees who do not have 3 hours of their own time during polling hours are entitled to up to 3 paid hours leave to vote. The employee must demand leave in writing at least three days before Election Day. In certain essential operations, employers receiving written request can schedule the hours when employees will be allowed to leave to vote.
2014 Important Events Calendar
|January 2014 Dates|
| Filing deadline for primary Ballot access||January 25, 2014 -|
|April 2014 Dates|
| Voting is open during regular business hours at each county courthouse or annex. Early Voting is also available each Saturday during the Early Voting period from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.||April 30, 2014 -|
|May 2014 Dates|
| Congressional Primary||May 13, 2014|
|August 2014 Dates|
| Independent Filing deadline for General Election||August 1, 2014 -|
|October 2014 Dates|
| Voter Registration Deadline - ||October 14, 2014|
| General Election Early Voting:Early Voting is open during regular business hours at each county courthouse of courthouse annex. Early Voting is also available each Saturday from 9:00am to 5:00pm||October 22, 2014|
| Last Day to Receive Absentee Ballot Applications||October 29, 2014 -|
| Uniformed and Overseas Voters may request an absentee ballot.||October 29, 2014|
|November 2014 Dates|
| Last Day for Early Voting in Person||November 1, 2014 -|
| Deadline to Hand-Deliver Absentee Ballots to the County Clerk's Office||November 3, 2014|
| November General Election Day||November 4, 2014|
How can I find my polling location?
If you do not know where your polling place is,
you can use apps.sos.wv.gov to find your polling place.If you have any issues or questions, please contact your County Clerk. Please note polls are open from 6:30 AM to 7:30 PM on Election Day.
Preparing to Vote
- Sometimes people are nervous about voting because they are uncertain how things are done at the polls. Understanding where to go and what to expect at the polling place will help you vote, and help you recognize problems which might be occurring at the polling place
- Remember that on Election Day you must vote at your assigned polling location. If the polling place is not accessible to you because of a disability, contact your County Clerk as soon as possible to arrange for voting at another location.
When are the polls open?
- The polls are open from 6:30a.m. to 7:30p.m. in West Virginia. Voters who arrive at their precinct before 7:30p.m.,
but have not been able to vote, will be given a Waiting Voter Permit.
Can I request time off to vote?
- You can request up to 3 hours off from your employer, without taking leave or a deduction of pay, if you do not have at least 3 hours before or after work that you can go to the polls to vote. This request must be made in writing and be given to your employer at least 3 days prior to election day.
Acceptable IDs to Vote
- West Virginians are not required to show proof of Identification at the polls.
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we are working to give you up-to-date information, we urge you to be proactive! In order to ensure you have all the information you need before casting your vote, you should also check with your state and local election officials for information about additional requirements or regulations.
Please contact your local election office for more detailed information about the laws concerning election dates,poll hours,poll locations, voter id requirements,absentee voting, voter registration, name or address changes that would apply in your case.
Click here for local election office contacts