Time off for voting
Employees who begin their work day less than 3 hours after polls open and finish less than 3 hours before polls close are entitled to up to 3 hours paid leave to vote. The employee must request leave by noon the day before Election Day. The employer can set the time for leave to vote.
2015 Important Events Calendar
|January 2015 Dates|
| Governor-Elect, Bill Haslam - Republican, Inauguration Date||January 17, 2015 -|
How can I find my polling location?
If you do not know where your polling place is,you can use tnmap.tn.gov
If you have any issues or questions, please contact your County Clerk
Poll Hours: most polling places are open between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. All precincts close at 8:00 p.m. Eastern and 7:00 p.m. Central.
Early Voting Period: October 15th - October 30th
- Through the first seven days of early voting, 224,721 people across the state have taken advantage of the opportunity to cast their ballots early
- People can vote early at their county election commission office or, in some counties, at satellite voting locations around their communities.Read More ...
Bring Appropriate identification with you to the polls
All voters must present an ID containing the voterâs name and photograph when voting at the polls, whether voting early or on Election Day.
Any of the following IDs may be used, even if expired:
- Tennessee drivers license with your photo
- United States Passport
- Photo ID issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
- Photo ID issued by the federal or any state government
- United States Military photo ID
- State-issued handgun carry permit with your photo
What IDs are not acceptable?
College student IDs and photo IDs not issued by the federal or a state government are NOT acceptable.
Who is exempt?
- Voters who vote absentee by mail (view requirements here)
- Voters who are residents of a licensed nursing home or assisted living center and who vote at the facility
- Voters who are hospitalized
- Voters with a religious objection to being photographed
- Voters who are indigent and unable to obtain a photo ID without paying a fee
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 3,2015 Election In 216 days