Time off for voting
Employees who begin their work day less than 3 hours after polls open and finish less than 3 hours before polls close are entitled to up to 3 hours paid leave to vote. The employee must request leave by noon the day before Election Day. The employer can set the time for leave to vote.
2014 Important Events Calendar
|April 2014 Dates|
| Filing deadline for primary Ballot access - Noon||April 3, 2014 -|
| Independent Filing deadline for General Election - Noon||April 3, 2014|
|May 2014 Dates|
| County Primary Election Day.||May 6, 2014|
|July 2014 Dates|
| Ballot Request||July 31, 2014 -|
| Registration||July 31, 2014|
|August 2014 Dates|
| Ballot Return||August 7, 2014 -|
| Congressional Primary||August 7, 2014|
|October 2014 Dates|
| Registration||October 28, 2014 -|
| Ballot Request||October 28, 2014|
|November 2014 Dates|
| November General Election Day||November 4, 2014|
| Ballot Return||November 4, 2014|
Poll Hours: 7:00 AM-7:00 PM
Bring Appropriate identification with you to the polls
Beginning January 1, 2012, all voters must present an ID containing the voter's name and photograph when voting at the polls,
whether voting early or on Election Day
Any of the following IDs may be used, even if expired:
- Tennessee drivers license with your photo
- United States Passport
- Photo ID issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
- Photo ID issued by the federal or any state government
- United States Military photo ID
- State-issued handgun carry permit with your photo
What IDs are not acceptable?
College student IDs and photo IDs not issued by the federal or a state government are NOT acceptable.
Who is exempt?
- Voters who vote absentee by mail (view requirements here)
- Voters who are residents of a licensed nursing home or assisted living center and who vote at the facility
- Voters who are hospitalized
- Voters with a religious objection to being photographed
- Voters who are indigent and unable to obtain a photo ID without paying a fee
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 4,2014 Election In 34 days
While we are working to give you up-to-date information, we urge you to be proactive! In order to ensure you have all the information you need before casting your vote, you should also check with your state and local election officials for information about additional requirements or regulations.
Please contact your local election office for more detailed information about the laws concerning election dates,poll hours,poll locations, voter id requirements,absentee voting, voter registration, name or address changes that would apply in your case.
Click here for local election office contacts