Time off for voting
Time off to vote is subject to the employer. Pennsylvania state law does not require employers to grant time off to vote for employees.
2014 Important Events Calendar
|March 2014 Dates|
| Filing deadline for primary Ballot access||March,11,2014 - |
|May 2014 Dates|
| Congressional Primary||May,20,2014|
|August 2014 Dates|
| Independent Filing deadline for General Election||August,1,2014 - |
|November 2014 Dates|
| November General Election Day||November,4,2014|
Poll Hours: 7:00 AM-8:00 PM
Voters will be asked, but not required, to show an acceptable photo ID on Election Day.
Photo ID Requested for November 2012 Election
Voters will be asked, but not required, to show an acceptable photo ID on Election Day. All photo IDs must contain an expiration date that is current, unless noted otherwise. Voter's names on their photo IDs do not need to exactly match their voter registration, but the names must substantially conform.
Acceptable IDs include:
- Photo IDs issued by the U.S. Federal Government or the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (including the Department of State Voter ID Card)
- PA Driver's License or Non-driver's License photo ID (IDs are valid for voting purposes 12 months past expiration date)
- Valid U.S. passport
- U.S. military ID- active duty and retired military (a military or veteran's ID must designate an expiration date or designate that the expiration date is indefinite). Military dependents' ID must contain an expiration date
- Employee photo ID issued by Federal, PA, PA County or PA Municipal government
- Photo ID from an accredited PA public or private institution of higher learning, including colleges, universities, seminaries, community colleges and other two-year colleges
- Photo ID issued by a PA care facility, including long-term care facilities, assisted living residences or personal care homes
What if you do not have one of these IDs
If you do not have one of these IDs, and require one for voting purposes, you may be entitled to get one FREE OF CHARGE at a PennDOT Driver License Center. To find the Driver License Center nearest you, and learn what supporting documentation you will need to get a photo ID visit PennDOT's Voter ID Website or call the Department of State's Voter ID Hotline at 1-877-VotesPA (868-3772).
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
November 4,2014 Election In 238 days