Time off for voting
Time off to vote is subject to the employer. Pennsylvania state law does not require employers to grant time off to vote for employees.
2014 Important Events Calendar
|March 2014 Dates|
| Filing deadline for primary Ballot access||March 11, 2014 -|
|April 2014 Dates|
| Last Day to Register to Vote in May 20 Primary Election||April 21, 2014 -|
|May 2014 Dates|
| Deadline for Civilians to Request an Absentee Ballot for May 20 Primary Election||May 13, 2014 -|
| Deadline for Civilians to Return Absentee Ballots for May 20 Primary Election||May 16, 2014|
| Congressional Primary||May 20, 2014|
| Deadline for Military and Overseas Electors to Return Absentee Ballots for May 20 Primary Election||May 27, 2014|
|August 2014 Dates|
| Independent Filing deadline for General Election||August 1, 2014 -|
|October 2014 Dates|
| Last Day to Register to Vote in November General Election||October 6, 2014 -|
| Deadline for Civilians to Request an Absentee Ballot||October 28, 2014|
| Deadline for Civilians to Return Absentee Ballots ||October 31, 2014 -|
|November 2014 Dates|
| November General Election Day||November 4, 2014|
| Deadline for Military and Overseas Electors to Return Absentee Ballots||November 12, 2014|
Poll Hours: 7:00 AM-8:00 PM
Voters will be asked, but not required, to show an acceptable photo ID on Election Day.
Photo ID Requested for November 2012 Election
Voters will be asked, but not required, to show an acceptable photo ID on Election Day. All photo IDs must contain an expiration date that is current, unless noted otherwise. Voter's names on their photo IDs do not need to exactly match their voter registration, but the names must substantially conform.
Acceptable IDs include:
- Photo IDs issued by the U.S. Federal Government or the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (including the Department of State Voter ID Card)
- PA Driver's License or Non-driver's License photo ID (IDs are valid for voting purposes 12 months past expiration date)
- Valid U.S. passport
- U.S. military ID- active duty and retired military (a military or veteran's ID must designate an expiration date or designate that the expiration date is indefinite). Military dependents' ID must contain an expiration date
- Employee photo ID issued by Federal, PA, PA County or PA Municipal government
- Photo ID from an accredited PA public or private institution of higher learning, including colleges, universities, seminaries, community colleges and other two-year colleges
- Photo ID issued by a PA care facility, including long-term care facilities, assisted living residences or personal care homes
What if you do not have one of these IDs
If you do not have one of these IDs, and require one for voting purposes, you may be entitled to get one FREE OF CHARGE at a PennDOT Driver License Center. To find the Driver License Center nearest you, and learn what supporting documentation you will need to get a photo ID visit PennDOT's Voter ID Website or call the Department of State's Voter ID Hotline at 1-877-VotesPA (868-3772).
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 4,2014 Election In 44 days
While we are working to give you up-to-date information, we urge you to be proactive! In order to ensure you have all the information you need before casting your vote, you should also check with your state and local election officials for information about additional requirements or regulations.
Please contact your local election office for more detailed information about the laws concerning election dates,poll hours,poll locations, voter id requirements,absentee voting, voter registration, name or address changes that would apply in your case.
Click here for local election office contacts