Upcoming Elections in New Jersey
What's on New Jersey ballot in 2016
Do you know what you are voting for in 2016? Click here to see what will be on the statewide and local ballots
Who Can Vote in Primaries in New Jersey?
Do you know if you are eligible to vote in Primary Elections in New Jersey? Click here for more information
Browse By State
2016 Election Dates and Deadlines
|Candidate Ballot Access - Filing ends: Filing Deadline for Independent Candidates wanting to run for United States House of Representativesin the November 8, 2016 General Election.||June 7,2016|
|Candidate Ballot Access - Filing ends: Filing Deadline for Independent Candidates wanting to run for United States President in the November 8, 2016 General Election.||August 1,2016|
|Absentee Ballot Request deadline: Last day to request absentee ballot by mail||October 9,2016|
|Voter Registration Ends: Last day to register by mail||October 9,2016|
|Absentee Ballot return deadline : Last day to return absentee ballot by 8pm||November 8,2016|
|July 1, 2016|
|November 8, 2016|
Time Off For Voting:
Time off to vote is subject to the employer. New Jersey state law does not require employers to grant time off to vote for employees.
Voting At The Polls On Election Day
Polling places are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Election Day. Anyone in line at 7:00 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
Voting at Your Designated Polling Location
- To find your polling place, use our polling place search. If you did not provide identification to the county commissioner of registration or if the identification information could not be verified (i.e., your driver's license number or the last four digits of your social security number), YOU MUST SHOW IDENTIFICATION AT THE POLLING PLACE WHEN YOU GO TO VOTE.
Identification may include, but not limited to, any Current and Valid Photo ID:
- NJ driver's license, Military or other Government ID, Student or Job ID, Store Membership Card, United States Passport,
- Or Bank statement, Car registration, Government check or document, Non-photo NJ driver's license, Rent receipt, Sample Ballot, Utility bill, or any other official document
If you show identification, you will vote in the voting machine.
Vote by Mail Ballot
- A voter may vote by mail by completing the Application for Vote by Mail Ballot (listed below) and returning the application to their County Clerk. To receive your ballot by mail, the application must be received by the County Clerk 7 days prior to the election. A voter may also apply in person to the County Clerk until 3:00 p.m., the day before the election.
If you do not show identification, you will vote by provisional ballot and have until the close of business on the second day after the election to provide identification to the applicable county election office. You will be given a hand-out at the polling place that will tell you which county election office to contact.
To receive your ballot by mail, the application must be received by the County Clerk 7 days prior to the election.
A voter may also apply in person to the County Clerk until 3:00 p.m., the day before the election
The County Clerk cannot accept faxed or emailed copies of a Application for Vote by Mail Ballot, unless you are a Military or Overseas Voter, since an original signature is required.
Can I Register At The Polls On Election Day?
NO: New Jersey does not provide Same Day Voter Registration. You must register to vote by the voter registration deadline in order to vote in an election. If you miss the voter registration deadline for an election you should contact your local election office.
|Forgot my passwordCreate an account|
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest State and Federal election information.
We're currently updating the following pages
- State Ballots for this year election cycle
- State Voting Guide
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working day and night to give you up-to-date information, but we need your help! For website bug reports, data issues/rss feeds submission, feedback, or general questions about Mytimetovote.com, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org