Time off for voting
Any registered voter who does not have two consecutive hours in the period between the time of the opening and closing of the polls during which he or she is not required to be present at work for an employer shall be entitled on election day to be absent from employment for such a period of time as will in addition to his or her nonworking time total two consecutive hours between the time of the opening and closing of the polls. If the registered voter applies for such leave of absence prior to or on election day, the registered voter shall not be liable for any penalty and no deduction shall be made from his or her salary or wages on account of such absence. The employer may specify the hours during which the employee may be absent.
2014 Important Events Calendar
|February 2014 Dates|
| Filing deadline for primary Ballot access - Incumbents||February,18,2014 - |
|March 2014 Dates|
| Filing deadline for primary Ballot access - All Others||March,3,2014 - |
|April 2014 Dates|
| Registration||April,25,2014 - |
|May 2014 Dates|
| Registration deadline||May,2,2014 - |
| Ballot Request deadline||May,7,2014|
| Last day for Early Voting - in person - at the County Clerk or Election Commissioneroffice||May,12,2014 - |
| Ballot Return deadline 7pm||May,13,2014|
| Congressional Primary||May,13,2014|
|September 2014 Dates|
| Independent Filing deadline for General Election||September,2,2014 - |
|October 2014 Dates|
| First day for in person Early Voting at the Election Office||October,4,2014 - |
| Registration deadline||October,17,2014|
| Registration deadline||October,24,2014 - |
| Ballot Request deadline||October,29,2014|
|November 2014 Dates|
| Last day for Early Voting - in person - at the County Clerk or Election Commissioneroffice||November,3,2014 - |
| Ballot Return deadline 8pm||November,4,2014|
| November General Election Day||November,4,2014|
Do I need a voting card or my ID in order to vote?
- No, the card is for information only and does not need to be presented to election officials in order to vote.
The only time voters are asked for their ID is if they were a first time Nebraska registrant who mailed in their registration application and didn't provide ID at that time.
Where do I vote?
- Each voter must cast his/her ballot at his/her assigned polling place. If you do not know the location of your polling place, contact your county clerk/election commissioner, or click this link https://www.votercheck.necvr.ne.gov/.
- Whenever you register or re-register to vote, your county clerk/election commissioner will inform you of your polling place location. Your voting card informs you not only of your polling place, but also your voting districts.
What time will the polls open?
- The polls are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the Central Time Zone and from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Mountain Time Zone.
How does a person vote?
- Registered voters go to their assigned polling place where there will be three or more poll workers at a table checking voters in. Voters will be asked for their name and the residence address they are living at. In primary elections voters will also be asked to name their party. Upon verifying the information, the election workers will provide the voter with ballots assigned to persons living in their district and instructions on how to cast a ballot.
- In Nebraska all counties use optical scan ballots; so voters are instructed to darken the oval completely, not to erase or cross out and return to the table if they have spoiled their ballot and need a new one.
Ballots are tabulated at the precinct level using M100's in 1/3 of our counties and centrally counted in larger counties using a M650 that can count over 300 ballots a minute.
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
November 4,2014 Election In 194 days
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to email@example.com