Time off for voting
No owner, superintendent or overseer in any manufacturing, mechanical or mercantile establishment shall employ or permit to be employed therein any person entitled to vote at an election, during the period of two hours after the opening of the polls in the voting precinct, ward or town in which such person is entitled to vote, if he shall make application for leave of absence during such period.
2015 Important Events Calendar
|January 2015 Dates|
| Governor-Elect, Charlie Baker - Republican, Inauguration Date||January 8, 2015 -|
| Primary: 5:00 P.M. last day and hour for filing nomination papers, including enrollment certificate and State Ethics Commission receipt, with the Secretary of the Commonwealth.||January 27, 2015|
| Primary: 5:00 P.M. last day and hour for filing withdrawals of or objections to all nomination papers and certificates of nomination with the Secretary of the Commonwealth.||January 30, 2015 -|
|February 2015 Dates|
| Primary: Last day to register voters for the state primary; registration hours 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. (except in towns under 1500 registered voters, registration hours 2:00- 4:00 P.M. and 7:00-8:00 P.M.).||February 11, 2015|
|March 2015 Dates|
| State Primary||March 3, 2015|
| Special: Last day to register voters for the state election; registration hours 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. (except in towns under 1500 registered voters, registration hours 2:00- 4:00 P.M. and 7:00-8:00 P.M.).||March 11, 2015|
| State Election||March 31, 2015|
2016 Important Events Calendar
|March 2016 Dates|
| Primary: Last day for a person running in a state primary to enroll in a party or for a person running only in a state election to unenroll from a party ||March 8, 2016 -|
|May 2016 Dates|
| Primary: 5:00 p.m., last day and hour to submit nomination papers to Registrars of Voters for certification of signatures. ||May 10, 2016 -|
|June 2016 Dates|
| Primary: 5:00 p.m., last day and hour to file nomination papers (including party enrollment or voter registration certificate and Ethics Commission receipt) with the Secretary of the Commonwealth. ||June 7, 2016 -|
| Primary: 5:00 p.m., last day and hour to file withdrawals of or objections to nomination papers with the Secretary of the Commonwealth.||June 10, 2016|
|August 2016 Dates|
| Primary: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., last day to register to vote and to change party enrollment for the State Primaries (except in towns with fewer than 1500 voters registration sessions must be held 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.). ||August 31, 2016|
|September 2016 Dates|
| Primary Election Day||September 20, 2016|
|November 2016 Dates|
| Primary State Election||November 8, 2016|
How can I find my polling location?
If you do not know where your polling place is,you can use www.wheredoivotema.com io find your election information.
If you have any issues or questions, please contact your County Clerk
Polling Hours: 7:00 AM-8:00 PM
- The minimum hours polls are open are set by state law, although city council and town selectmen actually set the hours in conjunction with these statutes and local ordinances and by-laws.
- For state elections and city elections, polling locations must be open at least thirteen hours and for town elections, polling locations must be open at least four hours.
- For state primaries, polling locations must be open at least thirteen hours.
- For certain city preliminaries, the polling locations must be open at least six hours.
Bring Appropriate identification with you to the polls
Because of a federal law, the Help America Vote Act of 2002 passed by Congress, if you registered to vote by mail on or after January 1, 2003, you will be required to show identification when you vote for the first time in a federal election since registering by mail in 2003.
- Acceptable identification must include your name and the address at which you are registered to vote,
for example: a current and valid driver's license, photo identification, current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck,
government check, or other government document showing your name and address.
- If you do not provide such identification, the Help America Vote Act of 2002 requires that you may only cast a provisional ballot which will be counted later, but only after your eligibility to vote has been determined
- Additionally, an election officer, authorized to do so by the local election officials, may request any voter to present written identification.The requests must not discriminate in any way and may therefore be: entirely random, consistent, or based on reasonable suspicion. Id. Please note that there is no provision which permits observers to request identification from any voter or even to communicate with voters.
What to Do if a Problem Arises on Election Day
- If a person encounters a problem at a polling location on Election Day, the person should approach the warden or the presiding officer with the issue. As the warden or presiding officer is in charge of the polling location, they should be able to resolve any issues. However, if the problem persists, a person should contact the city or town clerk who is the chief election officer of the municipality. If the problem is still not resolved, a person may contact the Secretary of the Commonwealthâs Elections Division at 617-727-2828 or 1-800-462-8683.
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 3,2015 Election In 65 days