Time off for voting
Time off to vote is subject to the employer. Maine state law does not require employers to grant time off to vote for employees.
2014 Important Events Calendar
|March 2014 Dates|
| Filing deadline for primary Ballot access||March 17, 2014 -|
|June 2014 Dates|
| Independent Filing deadline for General Election||June 1, 2014 -|
| Congressional Primary||June 10, 2014|
|November 2014 Dates|
| November General Election Day||November 4, 2014|
Poll Hours: 6:00 AM-9:00 PM
No identification required at the poll
- All voters who appear at a polling place are not required to show proof of identification
Where do I go to vote?
- Every town and city has its own places where people vote - called voting places or "the polls". You can call your town office or city hall to find out where you vote, or use the online Voter Information Lookup service . Voting places open between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., depending on the population of the town. Local officials can give you the exact opening time for your community. All voting places close at 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
What hours are the polls open?
- For municipalities with a population of 500 or more - the polls can open between 6:00 am and 8:00 am.
- For municipalities with a population of less than 500 - the polls can open between 6:00 am and 10:00 am.
- Local officials can give you the exact opening time for your municipality.
- All voting places close at 8:00 pm on Election Day.
How do I mark a ballot?
- Each ballot tells you how to mark your choices. If you have a question, ask an election official. If you make a mistake, fold your ballot and give it to an election official. The election official will give you another ballot.
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to email@example.com
November 4,2014 Election In 11 days
While we are working to give you up-to-date information, we urge you to be proactive! In order to ensure you have all the information you need before casting your vote, you should also check with your state and local election officials for information about additional requirements or regulations.
Please contact your local election office for more detailed information about the laws concerning election dates,poll hours,poll locations, voter id requirements,absentee voting, voter registration, name or address changes that would apply in your case.
Click here for local election office contacts