TIME OFF FOR VOTING:
Time off to vote is subject to the employer. Maine state law does not require employers to grant time off to vote for employees.
2015 Important Events Calendar
|January 2015 Dates|
| Governor-Elect, Paul LePage - Republican, Inauguration Date||January 6, 2015 -|
|November 2015 Dates|
| General Election Day||November 3, 2015|
| Lewiston Mayoral Election - Current Mayor: Robert E. Macdonald - Population(36,592)||November 3, 2015|
| Augusta Mayoral Election - Current Mayor: William R. Stokes - Population(18,560)||November 3, 2015|
| Portland Mayoral Election - Current Mayor: Michael F. Brennan - Population(66,194)||November 3, 2015|
2016 Important Events Calendar
|June 2016 Dates|
| Registration deadline ||June 14, 2016|
| Ballot Request||June 14, 2016|
| Ballot Return by 8pm||June 14, 2016 -|
| Primary Election ||June 14, 2016|
|November 2016 Dates|
| General election Day||November 8, 2016|
You can register in person at the registrar's office at any time up to and including Election Day, as long as you show proof of identity and residence.
How can I find my polling location?
If you do not know where your polling place is,you can use www.maine.gov to Find election related information based on your home address. This information includes the location of your voting place, the candidates that will appear on your ballot and more.
If you have any issues or questions, please contact your County Clerk
Poll Hours: 6:00 AM-9:00 PM
No identification required at the poll
- All voters who appear at a polling place are not required to show proof of identification
Where do I go to vote?
- Every town and city has its own places where people vote - called voting places or "the polls". You can call your town office or city hall to find out where you vote, or use the online Voter Information Lookup service . Voting places open between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., depending on the population of the town. Local officials can give you the exact opening time for your community. All voting places close at 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
What hours are the polls open?
- For municipalities with a population of 500 or more - the polls can open between 6:00 am and 8:00 am.
- For municipalities with a population of less than 500 - the polls can open between 6:00 am and 10:00 am.
- Local officials can give you the exact opening time for your municipality.
- All voting places close at 8:00 pm on Election Day.
How do I mark a ballot?
- Each ballot tells you how to mark your choices. If you have a question, ask an election official. If you make a mistake, fold your ballot and give it to an election official. The election official will give you another ballot.
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
One of MyTime2Vote's top priorities is providing our citizens access to all of the latest States and Federal election information.
We're currently updating to the following pages
- States Elected Officials listing
- States District maps and census
- Elections Calendar
- States Summary
We are working days and nights to give you up-to-date information, but we urge you to be proactive!
For website bug report, data issues ,data/rss feeds submission,feedback,
or general questions about Mytimetovote.com,please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org