Time off for voting
No specific law requiring time off to vote.
2014 Important Events Calendar
|February 2014 Dates|
| Orleans Parish Municipal/Parochial Primary||February,1,2014|
|March 2014 Dates|
| Orleans Parish Municipal/Parochial General Election Day||March,15,2014|
|April 2014 Dates|
| Municipal Primary Election Day||April,5,2014|
|May 2014 Dates|
| Municipal General Election Day||May,3,2014|
|August 2014 Dates|
| Independent Filing deadline for General Election||August,22,2014 - |
| Filing deadline for primary Ballot access||August,22,2014|
|November 2014 Dates|
| November General Election Day||November,4,2014|
| Open Primary/Congressional||November,4,2014|
|December 2014 Dates|
| Congressional General Election||December,6,2014|
Poll Hours: 6:00 AM-8:00 PM
In order to vote in Lousiana, you need valid voter I.D.
- A REMINDER TO VOTERS --- TAKE PICTURE ID TO POLLS
When you go to the polls to cast your vote in an election, be sure to take one of the following:
- a driver's license,
- a Louisiana Special ID, or
- some other generally recognized picture ID that contains your name and signature.
You may get a free Louisiana Special ID at the Office of Motor Vehicles by showing your voter registration information card. If you have misplaced your voter registration information card, contact your registrar of voters for a new one.
Voters who have no picture ID may bring:
- a utility bill, payroll check or government document that includes their name and address but they
will have to sign an affidavit furnished by the Elections Division in order to vote.
Connect With Us
|Signup: Get informed|
- Be up-to-date with federal,and local elections
- Receive electronic alerts on important dates
- Network with other voters
- Post a question or a comment
- Submit/update a listing (events,candidates,...)
November 4,2014 Election In 242 days